Skip to main content

new business name revealed!

well, i finally decided on my new business name! thank you so much for all your votes and suggestions. i really liked all of the choices i threw at you, but here's what i went with:


[click on the logo to go to the shop! there are some cute things already for sale there. even "ready to ship" finished pieces!]

yay! i love it. a few days ago, when i decided to change the name, i was telling my husband how i really wanted something to do with fruit, but couldn't come up with anything i absolutely loved. i wanted something that would represent "bearing fruit" in some way. and i also really loved the word blossom (which was pretty obvious from my last post and all those choices that had "blossom" in it). but i just couldn't figure out how to incorporate the "blossom" and the "bearing of fruit" idea. of course, because she's amazing and beautiful, leslie came up with "blossom and vine"... without even knowing i was trying to incorporate the "bearing fruit" idea. and you know john 15:1-17, right? that's what inspired her. the entire passage is sooo good that i couldn't just give you one verse:

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, 
while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
Remain in me, and I will remain in you. 
No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. 
Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

I am the vine; you are the branches. 
If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; 
apart from me you can do nothing. 

If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; 
such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, 
ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, 
showing yourselves to be my disciples.

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. 
Now remain in my love.

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, 
just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love.

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you 
and that your joy may be complete.

My command is this: 
Love each other as I have loved you.

Greater love has no one than this,
 that he lay down his life for his friends.

You are my friends if you do what I command.

I no longer call you servants, 
because a servant does not know his master’s business. 
Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father 
I have made known to you.

You did not choose me, but I chose you 
and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. 
Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

This is my command: Love each other.







oh, and if you see something you like, i'm offering free shipping (US customers only) to celebrate my grand opening. just type in FREESHIP at checkout! if you're ordering something that doesn't require shipping [like a tutorial or printable] get 15% off by typing BLOG15 at checkout. yay! there's something for everyone :)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

hope spoken 2014 | a little recap

well. it feels weird to be back here in this space. i haven't regularly blogged for over a year. i'm feeling like it's time for a redesign but that's beside the point. i'm really here to tell you about Hope Spoken conference that i attended in dallas 2 weekends ago. everyone has been saying how they need time to process everything. i'm no exception. what i'm about to share is really an email i wrote to casey and danielle a few days after i got home, but i've edited and expanded a little. there is still so much more in my heart and mind that's not quite ready to come out:

i'm finally sitting down to pour out my heart after such an amazing weekend. the first thing that's hitting me is these three girls went with a dream and a mission and a calling from Jesus, and were brave to walk through the door and keep going, as danielle describes it. i'm sure they imagined how beautiful it would be but i don't think they could have imagined just …

the idol self-sufficiency

"O God of mine, I'll have no idols..." played over Pandora. "O God of Mine", an old song by Rita Springer, is a beautiful hymn-like melody with soothing vocals and peaceful piano music. deep in thought, as i always am, i was struggling with feelings of fear and shame that had been pulling me under the last few months. i'm determined to be free from its grip, so i'm digging in to find the roots and i'm arming myself with Truth and with practical tools. as that phrase sang form the speakers, it just flickered across my mind -- the idol of self sufficiency. i had never named it before, but i finally understood it as a huge aspect of my struggle with fear and a huge aspect of the burden of shame that i carry. (i wrote a little bit about that here)

now you're thinking i must be a planner, a doer, and get-things-done kind of gal. you're thinking i must run a pretty tight ship, i must be type-A.

and you'd be wrong. self-sufficiency is a idol f…

because He became a man

recently i had one of those days where my to-do list consisted of six different super-quick errands. seems simple enough to most people. before kids you could knock them all out in less than an hour and go about your day. but with kids, forget about it. you dread the outing for two days and put it off until you have no more food or toothpaste and your husband is wondering about the dry-cleaning and the alterations.

when you have to strap and unstrap three kids into their carseats for six different super-quick errands, it's a whole new kind of monster. it takes longer to get them in and out of the car than the amount of time we actually spend inside the post office, or the dry cleaner, or the bank. multiply that by six and we're all going crazy.

truly, there needs to be a drive-through dry cleaner, drive through full-service post office window, drive through banking (not just ATM but actually denominations-other-than-twenty banking), and a drive-up pre-order Target service woul…